Married men are more often right at work than their male colleagues who are single in a relationship or single in no relationship. And I can prove it. There’s even a handy chart below to show you how it all breaks down. The math doesn’t lie.
Let’s assume that every male gets it right to varying degrees across different social settings – work, home and hanging out with friends. And let’s assume when we add all the scores together across all the different social settings we get 100 percent. That means that sometimes men will be right at work, sometimes men will be right at home and sometimes men will be right with their friends. But how does this make married men more right at work? Let me explain.
Since married men are never right at home, they have to be right somewhere. The law of averages simply works in our favor. There is no way we could be wrong that many times, is there? As a matter of fact, we are so wrong at home that “you’ll be lucky to wake up in the morning with both your balls still attached to your penis.” If I could have represented being right at home with a negative number, I would have.
When married men are hanging out with their friends, the fun-loving banter and easy-going manner of the relationship dictates that we only be right 30 percent of the time to distribute rightness across the group. That leaves being right 70 percent of the time at work.
Single men in relationships are right about 40 percent of the time at home. There are moments when you are just flat out wrong and lucky enough to wake up with your balls still attached – and not by crazy glue. But you haven’t gone “all in” yet so you’re still right about 40 percent of the time as well to preserve harmony in the relationship. The other 20 percent being right is reserved for time with friends.
Single men in no relationship are right 100 percent of the time at home, so are never right at work or with friends. Because you have no freaking clue! I really have no idea what that’s like. Do you guys actually sleep with both eyes closed? At the same time? Wow. That would be cool.
So there you have it. If you need the right answer from someone at work, ask a married man. Chances are he will be right. The odds are on his side.